Irving Texas is part of the Dallas-Fort Worth Metro Area. When you are in Irving you are centrally located in the DFW Cosmopolitan area. Irving is a plush community of top corporations like Exxon-Mobile. Irving contains one of the largest planned communities anywhere. This planned community of Las Colinas offers every amenity imaginable. The city of Irving is over 200,000 but the workforce numbers in the millions. The city caters to these businesses and visitors alike creating a very high standard of living.
Culture in Irving is everywhere nearby and if you can’t find it here it is just a short drive to get to other places of culture. The Las Colinas Office Park and the proximity to the DFW airport give this a great location for business. Visitors will also find plenty of culture right in this city of Irving. Irving Taxi Service is available to provide all your transportation needs from the airport and around the area.
Irving, TX has lots of culture including
- Diverse selection of restaurants
- Live Music
- Walking and Hiking Trails
- Art Exhibits
- Live Theatre
- Bars & Nightlife
Irving city has nearly forty parks available for picnics, walking and enjoying the lakes that are available on some of them.
Some of the parks include
- California Crossing Park- Historical Park has trails, picnicking and lake with a river view.
- Champions Park-Exercise station, Half basketball court
There are four branches of the public library in Irving with state of the art facilities.
Museums in Irving
Ruth Paine House Museum-Many JFK artifacts and this is the house Lee Harvey Oswald spent the night before the shooting.
Restaurants in Irving
Restaurants include Southwest to International food
- Dickey’s Barbecue-located in Las Colinas
- Red Hot And Blue-located in Las Colinas-has blues music
- 54 St. Bar & Grill-located near the DFW airport
- Salsas Mexican-located in Las Colinas
- Argentina Bakery-Located near DFW airport
Art Galleries and Exhibits
Mustangs of Las Colinas – Large sculptures of mustang horses in fountains and near the many companies in Las Colinas includes the Museum of about the mustangs.
Irving Arts Center-Holds many art exhibits
Other art galleries include one located in the DFW airport-Houses the Nasher collection
Live Music in Irving
- Irving Symphony Orchestra
- City of Irving holds a six week concert series
- Cowboys Red River-Live music- mechanical bull
Walking and Hiking Trails
Campion Trail thirty mile greenway trail winds along the river. Also connects to the citywide trail system.
Bars & Nightclubs
- Bar 19
- The Keg Steakhouse & Bar-Has a club like atmosphere
- Champps Kitchen & Bar-Sports
- Pappy’s Catfish & Oyster Bar-Original atmosphere
- Mandalay Canal-A tree lined walk with lots of shops and restaurants
One last cultural attraction not to miss is the Movie Studio of Las Colinas. This is a working studio and has sound stage space available. These are some of the cultural things to see just in Irving. You are near so many other attractions in the DFW area.